Gluten-free Super Decadent Vegan Sniickrs
MiiRO SUPER DECADENT VEGAN SNIICKRs
Serves: 10 vegan sniickr bars
Prep Time: 30 minutes
MiiRO plant based ‘sniickrs’ are our little spin on the classic snicker bar. Our bars are vegan friendly, and are filled with sleek layers of decadent goodness. We have three key elements that make up the perfect vegan snicker bar. The biscuit base, made from the special ingredient ground almonds, has a very neural and subtly sweet flavour. The base is then topped with and oozing layer of vegan caramel. We added a bit of MiiRO nuttiness to replicate the iconic snickers peanuts using MiiRO signature chocolate peanuts. All wrapped up in a warm layer of melted dark chocolate. Yes please!
For the biscuit base :
- 70g oat flour (you can use a gluten-free variety if you need/prefer it). You can use plain rolled oats blended into a flour in the food processor.
- 50g ground almonds
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 3.5 tbsp coconut oil, melted
For the peanut caramel layer :
- 140g dates
- 4 tbsp peanut butter
- 1-2 tbsp milk of choice
- 2x 35g packs of MiiRO Crisp-Coated Peanut Chocolates (roughly chopped)
For the chocolate coating :
- 200g dark chocolate
1. In a bowl, mix together the oat flour, ground almonds and salt, then pour in the maple syrup and melted coconut oil. Mix to combine.
2. Press the mixture in a loaf tin lined with baking paper – I used a 22×12 cm loaf tin. Transfer to the freezer while you make the caramel.
3. Add all the caramel ingredients, apart from the MiiRO chocolates, into a food processor and blend until smooth.
4. Spread the caramel over the biscuit layer and sprinkle the chopped MiiRO chocolates on top. Freeze again for 1-2 hours.
5. Slice into 10 bars, then dip each into the melted chocolate. Gently place on a chopping board lined with baking paper and chill in the fridge for a few minutes until the chocolate is set.
Tip: Store in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Our recipe is made with vegan friendly ingredients and contains no added sugars, making it the perfect alternative to your everyday snickers bar.