MiiRO Vegan Skillet Brownie
MiiRO VEGAN SKILLET BROWNIE
One big skillet / 5 servings
Baking time : 20 minutes
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Gluten-free flour : 1 cup
- Coconut flour : 1/2 cup
- Almond flour : 1/2 cup
- Coconut sugar : 3 tbsp
- Baking powder : 1 tbsp
- Raw unsweetened cocoa powder : 1/3 cup
- Cinnamon : 1/4 tsp
- Nutmeg : 1/8 tsp
- Ginger : 1/8 tsp
- All spices : 1/8 tsp
- Pinch of salt
- Chopped pecan : 1/4 cup
- Dark chocolate chips : 1/4 cup
- Ripe banana : 1
- Nut butter : 1/4 cup (almond, peanut …)
- Pumpkin sauce : 3/4 cup
- Maple syrup : 3 tbsp
- Flax egg : 2 (2 tbsp ground flax seeds + 5 tbsp water)
- Vanilla extract : 1 tsp
Chocolate sauce ingredients
- Raw cocoa powder : 1/4 cup
- Coconut oil : 1/4 cup
- Maple syrup : 1 tbsp
Prepare the brownie
- Heat the oven at 350F (180°C).
- Prepare the flax egg by mixing 2 tbsp of ground flax seeds with 5 tbsp of lukewarm water. Stir well and sit while preparing the rest.
- In a medium bowl, mash the ripe banana using a fork. Add in the pumpkin sauce, the nut butter, maple syrup and vanilla extract. Mix well. Note: You can use any nut butter of your choice: almond or cashew give the lightest flavor, but you can use peanut butter for an extra flavor. For the pumpkin sauce you can simply make your own by steaming half a pumpkin and blending with a splash of water.
- Pour the flax egg in the wet mixture, and mix well until fully combined.
- Prepare the dry mixture by mixing all the dry ingredients except pecan and chocolate chips in a large bowl.
- Pour the wet mixture over the dry one and mix well using a wooden spatula or your hands until everything is combined and you obtain an homogeneous dough.
- Add half of the chopped pecans and half the chocolate chunks and mix roughly.
- Spread the brownie dough in a ovenproof skillet. Sprinkle the other half of pecan and chocolate.
- Bake in oven for about 20 minutes. When finished, let cool down at room temperature a few minutes.
Prepare the chocolate coating and dress
- Gently melt the coconut oil in a double boiler. Remove from heat and mix in the maple syrup and cocoa powder until perfectly combined.
- Drizzle the chocolate sauce over the brownie.
- Cut your favourite MiiRO bar in big pieces and spread on the warm brownie.