Vegan and Gluten-free Chocolate Easter Nests
VEGAN & GLUTEN-FREE CHOCOLATE EASTER NESTS
Serve: 3 nests / 9 eggs
Preparation time: 40 minutes
Total time: about 1 hour
For the chocolate eggs:
• Dark chocolate: 60g
• Coconut oil: 1 tsp
• Medjool dates: 5
• Water: 4 tbsp
• Coconut butter: 1 tsp
• Vanilla extract: 1/4 tsp
• Pinch of salt
• Ice cream from One MiiRO salted caramel
For the nests
• MiiRO Chocolate
• Coconut oil: 1 tsp
• Desiccated coconut: 3/4 cup
Prepare the chocolate eggs:
1. Melt the dark chocolate with the coconut oil in a double boiler.
2. Keep about one quarter of the melted chocolate for later and pour the remaining in small eggs
moulds. Jiggle to well spread the chocolate to totally cover the moulds. Then, turn the moulds face down to remove the surplus of chocolate and place in freezer to harden while you prepare the caramel.
3. Prepare the caramel by blending together all the caramel ingredients until smooth. Set aside. 4. Take the MiiRO ice-cream and remove the chocolate shell using a sharp knife. Set the chocolate shell aside for later use in the nests. Pour the ice-cream in a bowl and stir using a
fork to soften.
5. Take the egg moulds off the freezer. Pour one teaspoon of caramel in each eggs and jiggle to
spread. Add one teaspoon of ice-cream on top of the caramel layer. Place again in freezer for
6. Then, add a layer of the remaining melted chocolate on top of the harden ice-cream layer to
seal the eggs. Place back in freezer for 10 minutes.
Prepare the chocolate nests:
1. Melt the MiiRO chocolate shell with the coconut oil in a double boiler.
2. Pour the desiccated coconut in the melted chocolate and mix until well coated.
3. Line three muffin moulds with plastic foil. Put in the chocolate coconut mixture and press
using the back of a spoon to form the nests.
4. Place in freezer to harden for 10 minutes.
1. Remove the eggs from the freezer. Gently tap the moulds on a flat surface, face down, to remove the chocolate eggs. If it does not come that way, gently press on the moulds with your fingers to push off the eggs.
2. Remove the muffin moulds from the freezer and take off the nests.
3. Place the chocolate eggs in the nests and serve!