Peanut Chocolate Truffles by @Nourishing.Amy
These moreish truffles are sure to become your new favourite snack!
250g dark chocolate
150ml coconut milk (full fat, from a tin)
45g (20 pieces) MiiRO Peanut Chocolates
40g hazelnuts, chopped*
2 tbsp cacao powder*
- Break up the chocolate and add to a glass bowl with the coconut milk over a pan of hot water – do not let the water boil and touch the glass bowl. Stir regularly over a gentle heat and just before fully melted, remove from the heat.
- Add in the maple syrup and whisk until smooth. Pour into a bowl or container and freeze for a couple of hours to set or in the fridge overnight.
- When ready to prepare the truffles, place the nuts into a shallow bowl. Pour the cacao into a second shallow bowl.
- When the chocolate truffle mixture is set, divide the mix into 20 pieces (about 20g each). Roll each piece into a ball – work quickly so the chocolate doesn’t melt too much. Flatten the ball in your palm, placing a Peanut Chocolate in the centre and roll the truffle mixture around it.
- Roll the ball straight into the crushed nuts or into the cacao powder and repeat to make all the truffles.
- Keep the truffles in the fridge for 3-4 days.
*this allows for 10 nut-covered truffles and 10 cacao-covered truffles.