MiiRO Hot Chocolate
MiiRO Hot Chocolate
Serves: 1 person
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Indulge in MiiRO’s very own vegan hot chocolate recipe. Decadent, creamy and bursting with a rich chocolatey flavour, your taste buds are in for a treat. Our unique recipe is vegan friendly, using plant-based milks and abundant in spices that set this hot chocolate recipe apart from others. Keep reading for a special coconut whipped cream to top your hot chocolate- adding extra creaminess!
For the hot cocoa :
- 1 cup : Hazelnut milk
- 1 cup : Oat milk
- 1/2 cup : Water
- 3 tbsp : Cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp : Agave nectar
- 1 tsp : Vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp : Cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp : Nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp : Maca powder (optional)
For the decoration :
- One MiiRO Chocolate & Hazelnut ice cream bar
- Coconut whipped cream
- Vegan marshmallows
Prepare the hot cocoa :
1. Pour the hazelnut milk, oat milk and water in a sauce pan and bring to a low simmer over medium heat.
2. Add cocoa powder, sweetener, vanilla ans spices and whisk vigorously to combine and avoid clumps to form.
3. Serve warm in a mug with coconut whipped cream, vegan marshmallow and dip your favorite MiiRO ice-cream in.
COCONUT WHIPPED CREAM
For the coconut whipped cream:
- 1/2 can : full-fat coconut milk
- 1/4 cup : powdered sugar (optional)
- 1/2 tsp : vanilla extract
1. Place your coconut milk can in the fridge overnight in order to allow the cream and the liquid to separate. Never shake the can during all the process.
2. Put the bowl and the whisker of your food processor in the fridge.
3. Open the coconut milk can and scoop the top layer of solid cream that has formed and put in the food processor bowl. Whip on high speed until the cream starts to thicken.
4. Add powdered sugar according to your taste preferences, and whip again to combine. The longer you whip, the fluffier the cream will become. When you have the desired texture, you can set the cream in fridge to solidify.