MiiRO Banana Split
MiiRO BANANA SPLIT
Serve: 1 or 2 servings
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Baking time: 10 minutes
A classic banana split combines vanilla, strawberry, and chocolate ice cream served with a banana split in half lengthwise and toppings like chocolate syrup, whipped cream, and maraschino cherries. We wanted to make a healthy version of banana split that retain all the goodness of the original. In our recipe we use MiiRO’s very own vegan friendly ice cream which is naturally sweetened and delicious!
• 1 banana
• 2 strawberries
• 1/2 tsp coconut sugar
• One Peanut Butter MiiRO Ice Cream
1. Preheat your oven at 350°F on grill mode.
2. Slice the banana lengthways, leaving the skins on. Sprinkle some coconut sugar on.
3. Place the banana on a baking tray and bake for about 10 minutes, until the sugar has
caramelized and the banana well roasted.
4. Remove from the oven and allow to cool down for 10 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, prepare the chocolate sauce: remove the chocolate shell of a MiiRO ice-cream.
With a spoon, scratch the ice-cream to form 4 little scoops and place them in freezer to
6. Melt the chocolate shell in a double boiler.
7. Assemble your banana split: place the halves banana in a plate. Put the ice-cream scoops on
top, arrange strawberry quarters and spread some chocolate sauce.