Vegan Crispy Teriyaki Tofu Bites
Enjoy every bite of these perfectly cooked tofu cubes that are juicy in the inside and crunchy on the outside. Coated in delicious soy garlic sauce, this 5-ingredient vegan dish is not only delicious and easy to make. It's also full of flavours and packed with protein.
Try the sugar-free version with MiiRO's sugar-free maple flavoured syrup. Our syrup is thick enough to firmly hold on to the tofu bites and give just the right sweet hint to your savoury sauce mix.
- 10 ounces tofu
- 3 tbsps light soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup (for a low-sugar or keto friendly alternative, you can use MiiRO Maple Flavored Syrup)
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- Black pepper to taste
- Optional for garnish: sesame seeds and scallions
1. Slice tofu in squares, about an inch thick or your preferred bite size. Fry in vegetable oil until golden brown, then set aside.
2. Mix garlic, soy sauce, maple syrup (you can use MiiRO Maple Flavored Syrup - no added sugar!) and pepper in a small sauce pan and simmer for 5-7 minutes.
3. Toss fried tofu in soy garlic mixture until well coated.
Garnish with sesame seeds and scallions.
Serve with rice or on its own.