Ice cream is a fun and delicious treat to enjoy in the sun with friends and family. But at MiiRO we go the extra mile when it comes to making things fun and flavourful. That's why we create this eye catching rainbow ice cream or "unicorn ice cream" as we like to call it. In this recipe, we played around with some quirky superfood ingredients such as turmeric, spirulina and acai berry.
- One MiiRO ice cream, flavour of your choice
- 80g vegan white chocolate
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Blue spirulina
- Green spirulina
- Acai or berry powder
1. Melt the white chocolate in a double boiler. While hot, add in the coconut oil and stir to perfectly melt and combine. Allow to cool down 5 minutes.
2. Prepare 4 small bowls and divide the melted chocolate mixture equally into the bowls.
3. Add a tea spoon of each different super food powder into separate bowls. One powder per bowl of chocolate
4. Add the tea spoons gradually and in very small quantities: the coloration of the chocolate depends on the product you are using and can change very quickly if you add too much.
5. Take a MiiRO ice-cream straight out the freezer and dip in the yellow turmeric chocolate. Hold it straight for a couple of seconds until the chocolate coating hardens. Put in fridge for 5 minutes to cool down, and repeat the process with an other colour layer.