MiiRO Vegan Tiramisu
Finally! A vegan tiramisu that's both delicious and creamy. Our healthy alternative to your usual tiramisu uses no diary and is sweetened with natural sugar
For the biscuit:
• 1/2 cup almond milk
• 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
• 3 tbsp coconut oil
• 3 tbsp coconut sugar
• 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
• 1/2 tsp almond extract
• 1/4 cup almond flour
• 1/4 cup gluten free flour mix
• 1/2 tsp baking powder
• 1/2 tsp baking soda
• A pinch of salt
For the syrup:
• 1 cup cold brewed coffee
• 1 tbsp coconut sugar
For the cream:
• 1 frozen banana
• 1/2 cup coconut cream
• 1 MiiRO Salted Caramel ice cream bar
• Raw cocoa powder
1. Biscuit: Preheat the oven at 350F and line a cookie sheet with baking paper.
2. In a bowl, mix the almond milk and apple cider and set aside for 5 minutes.
3. In an other bowl, combine the flours, baking powder, baking soda, coconut sugar and salt. Set
4. In a large bowl, combine the melted coconut oil, coconut sugar, vanilla extract and almond
extract and whisk until fluffy.
5. Pour in the dry mixture and the almond milk preparation and stir until you obtain a smooth and
6. Spread the mixture onto the lined cookie sheet, using a spatula to create an even layer.
7. Bake for about 20 minutes.
8. Syrup: Meanwhile prepare the soaking syrup by mixing the cold brewed coffee and the
coconut sugar. Set aside.
9. Cream filling: Take the MiiRO Salted Caramel ice cream bar and separate the chocolate shell and the
10. Melt the chocolate shell in a double boiler and allow to cool down.
11. Blend the MiiRO ice cream with the frozen banana and coconut cream in a high speed
12. Divide the cream mixture into half. Pour the melted chocolate in one of the halves and quickly
blend to combine.
13. Assembly: take a jar or ramekin of your choice. Cut the piece of biscuits in circles in the size of your container. Quickly soak the biscuits circles in the prepared syrup and place one piece into the bottom of your container.
14. Layer with the coconut cream, an other piece of biscuit and the Chocolate cream, and repeat.
15. When you reach the top, finish by a layer of cream and dust with raw cocoa powder.
16. You can serve your vegan tiramisu as it but it tastes better after about 2 hours in the fridge to firm up.