MiiRO Protein Smoothie
MiiRO's protein smoothie consists of two beautiful layers. The base layer is a smooth, creamy layer with hints of peanut butter. The second layer features our very own chocolate ice cream and is blissfully chocolatey, crunchy and sweet. Not only is this smoothie packed with protein, it is vegan friendly and delicious.
We use plant based protein in this recipe to give it that extra protein boost. You can use any flavor of plant based protein you like, but we recommend a peanut or vanilla flavour to really give it that extra punch of flavor!
Peanut Butter layer:
- 1 1/2 cup : steamed cauliflower
- 1/2 cup : almond milk
- 1/4 cup : water
- 2 tbsp : peanut butter
- 2 scoops : plant based protein (I used rice)
- 1 tsp : vanilla extract
- 1 : MiiRO Peanut Butter ice cream
- 1 : frozen ripe banana
- 1/4 cup : almond milk
- Peanut butter to drizzle
- Raw cacao nibs
- Hemp seeds
1. Prepare the Peanut Butter layer by blending all the ingredients in a high speed blender until you reach a smooth texture. Gradually add more water if necessary. Set in fridge.
2. Prepare the MiiRO layer by blending the frozen banana with the almond milk until fully combined.
3. Add the MiiRO ice cream roughly chopped and pulse a few time to break the pieces without completely blending- some little chocolate chips must remain.
4. Pour alternatively the two preparations in a jar or a tall glass. Top with more peanut butter, cacao nibs, hemp seeds or whatever you want.
Note: This recipe uses cauliflower as an alternative for banana as it is lighter, less sugary, and
brings the right consistency when blended. Do not worry, you will not even taste the cauliflower in the smoothie, it has a neutral flavor. Steam the cauliflower before to use will give the smoothie a smoother texture and make it easier to digest. You can also use zucchini or avocado in your smoothies as banana alternative.