MiiRO Cashew Granola
We love this cashew granola as a breakfast option because it uses no added sugars and is the perfect treat early in the morning. Let us know if you try this recipe out on our social channels!
• 1 tbsp chia seeds
• 2 tbsp water
• 1 1/2 cups rolled oats (gluten free)
• 1/6 cup raw cashew
• 1/2 ripe banana
• 2 tsp maple syrup
• 1/4 tsp cinnamon powder
• 1/4 tsp cardamom powder
• 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
• One hazelnut MiiRO popsicle
• Fresh strawberries or other fruits
• Dehydrated fruits
- Preheat your oven at 300°F and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Prepare chia egg by mixing the chia seeds with the water. Leave while you prepare the rest.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, chopped cashews, cinnamon and cardamom.
- In the bowl of a blender, combine banana, chia egg, maple syrup and vanilla extract. Blend
until completely smooth. (If you do not have a blender, you can mash the banana using a fork
and mix in the remaining wet ingredients).
- Pour the we mixture over the dry oat mixture in the large bowl. Mix using a spatula until all the
the oats are well coated.
- Spread the granola in an even layer on the baking tray using your hands. Allow large granola
chunks to remain.
- Bake for a total of 30-40 minutes, depending of your oven, stirring every 10 minutes using a
spatula. The granola is baked when golden.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool down at least 10 minutes before serving.
- Unwrap the top chocolate shell of a MiiRO ice-cream. Let sit at room temperature for 5
minutes to allow the ice-cream to soften. Sprinkle some granola, add fresh and dehydrated fruits.