MiiRO believes your baked plantains don't need to be plain and boring, so we've made the perfect twist for a more enjoyable indulgence. This quick dessert recipe is naturally gluten-free and vegan and we're keeping it that way.
Enjoy the glorious chemistry of plantains, chocolates and peanut butter in a 100% vegan, low-carb and low-sugar easy snack.
- 2 ripe plantains (yellow with brown spots)
- 1 tbsp melted coconut oil or avocado oil
- 1/4 cup MiiRO No Added Sugar Maple Syrup
- ¼ cup MiiRO Dark Chocolate Baking Chips
- ¼ cup MiiRO Peanut Butter Baking Chips
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- Preheat oven at 300F.
- Thinly slice plantains and drizzle with MiiRO Maple Syrup.
- Line up in a baking pan with a baking sheet, drizzle with oil and sesame seeds.
- Bake for 5-7 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix MiiRO Dark Chocolate Baking Chips, MiiRO Peanut Butter Cups and almond milk and microwave 3 minutes, mixing it every 30 seconds.
- When done baking, let the plantains rest for a minute and then pour over the melted chocolate. Enjoy!