Vegan and gluten-free tarte tatin
- 1/3 cup puffed quinoa
- 1 tsp coconut butter (or coconut oil)
- 2 tsp rice syrup
- 1 apple
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- Prepare the crust: in a bowl, combine the puffed quinoa, melted coconut butter and rice syrup. Toss using a spatula until all the quinoa is well coated and form a sticky mixture.
- Using your hands or a spatula, forms circles the size of the tatin on baking paper. Using the bottom of a flat container, flatten the circles to get an even layer. Freeze while you prepare the filling.
- Preheat your oven at 350°F.
- Peel and cut the apple in thin quarters. In a bowl, combine the apple quarters with the vanilla
extract and cinnamon. Toss to evenly coat the apple.
- Melt the coconut oil and mix with the maple syrup. Divide the mixture in two and spread in the
bottom of two muffin moulds.
- Arrange the apple quarters in the muffin moulds, trying not to leave empty spaces. They must
be very tight.
- Cover the moulds with baking paper and bake for 25 minutes, until the apples are well golden.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool down at least 20 minutes before removing from the
- Assemble the tarte Tatin: remove the crusts from the freezer. Put the baked apple piece on
top. Sprinkle some more cinnamon on top.
- Remove the top chocolate shell of a MiiRO ice cream. With a spoon, scratch the ice-cream to
form a scoop. Place the ice cream scoop on top of your taste Tatin. You can add some chunks of chocolate shell on top.