Looking for something fun to do with the kids this Easter? Make MiiRO's Carrot Cake Easter Eggs! These quirk little eggs are the perfect sweet treat to nibble on this Easter holiday. Not to mention the fact they are vegan friendly, dairy free, gluten free and vegetarian! We love to indulge over the holidays just as much as you do, we just prefer a guilt free snack sesh. With no added sugar, and naturally sweetened using dates, MiiRO's Carrot Cake Easter Egg are a treat you have to try this holiday.
- Medjool dates: 4
- Dry apricots: 6
- Cashew: 1/4 cup
- Grated carrot: 1/3 cup (about 1 carrot)
- Gluten-free Oats: 1/4 cup
- Cinnamon: 1/4 tsp
- Nutmeg: 1/6 tsp
- Ginger: 1/6 tsp
- Vanilla extract: 1/4 tsp
- One MiiRO Chocolate & Hazelnut ice cream
1. Mix all the ingredients except the MiiRO ice cream in a food processor (or a high speed blender) until a dough starts to form. The dough might be a little sticky but smooth enough to be shaped.
2. Divide the dough in about 6-8 balls. Roll in your hands to form little eggs. Place in freezer while you prepare the chocolate sauce.
3. Take the MiiRO ice cream and remove the top chocolate shell using a sharp knife. Let the ice cream sit at room temperature to allow the ice cream to soften.
4. Melt the removed chocolate shell piece in a double boiler.
5. Remove the eggs from freezer and drizzle with the chocolate sauce.
6. Place the eggs in the ice cream boat and serve.