MiiRO Chocolate Crepes
MiiROs vegan friendly chocolate crepes are a wonderful dessert best shared between friends and family. The crepe base is healthy and delicious, made without any dairy products. These no egg and milk crepes can be filled and topped with all kinds of naughty treats. For the full effect, we recommend MiiRO chocolates, ice cream and your favourite fruits. Yum!
- 2/3 cup buckwheat four
- 1/3 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup white rice flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp raw cacao powder
- Pinch of salt
- 2 flax eggs (2 tbsp ground flax seeds mixed with 6 tbsp water)
- 1 2/3 cup almond milk
- 1 tbsp neutral oil (coconut oil)
- 2 tsp vanilla exact
Filling and decoration:
- MiiRO ice cream bars
- Banana, fruits
- Toasted chocolate chips
- Peanut butter or Caramel sauce
1. Mix all the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
2. In a separate bowl, prepare the wet mixture. Prepare 2 flax eggs by whisking 2 tbsp of ground flax seeds with 6 tbsp of water and allow to sit for 3 minutes.
3. Add the almond milk, oil and vanilla extract and mix until well combined.
4. Pour the wet mixture onto the dry ingredients and mix using a spatula until you reach a smooth and homogeneous texture. If the batter is too dry and compact, add some extra milk.
5. Coat a non-sticky skillet with some extra oil and put on medium heat.
6. When the skillet is hot, pour in a scoop of the pancake batter and cook until bubbles pop at
the surface (2-3 minutes). At this moment, turn the crepe in the pan and cook the second side until brown (1-2 minutes).
7. Serve the crepes, wrapping some MiiRO ice cream bars, bananas, coconut chips and drizzle some
peanut butter, chocolate or caramel sauce.