Vegan Millefeuille: A Healthy & Gluten Free Recipe
Translated to English, millefeuille (pronounced meel-foy) means one thousand sheets, layers, or leaves. It is a classic French pastry that traditionally consists of layers of razor-thin puff pastry and cream filling. So we set out to make a vegan friendly version that you can also enjoy if you are gluten and dairy free!
Our recipe is unique in that we replace the traditional pastry layers with layers of sweet apple. Naturally sweetened and with no added sugars, this healthy dessert option is a great treat to indulge in after one of your favourite meals. Instead of nasty added sugars- we use maple syrup to enhance apples natural sweetness. Yum!
- 1 apple
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- Maple syrup (optional)
- Granola or biscuit of your choice
- One MiiRO Salted Caramel ice cream bar
1. Thinly slice an apple using a mandolin or a knife.
2. Mix the cinnamon and maple syrup in a plate and soak the apple slices in. Allow to marinate
for about 20 minutes.
3. Place the slices on a non-sticky dehydrator sheet and dehydrate overnight or during about 10
hours at 115F. (If you do not have dehydrator you can directly find dehydrated apple slices in
4. Prepare the ice cream: open a MiiRO Salted Caramel using a knife, separate the ice-cream and the
chocolate shell and set aside.
5. Assemble your apple millefeuille: in a plate, layer one slice of apple, one scoop of ice-cream, chunks of biscuits or granola and chocolate shell. Once assembled, pour a spoon of maple syrup on top if desired and sprinkle some more cinnamon.